So...why did I stop?? Well, when I got pregnant in October I stopped sewing, and really haven't picked it back up yet. Since this was primarily a blog about my craftiness and stitchery (Yes! an opportunity to use that word, which I LOVE), I felt like I had nothing to write about. I didn't feel like I should write about my pregnancy.
That being said.....I think I've changed my mind. While the main focus of this blog was my craftiness, it was also about my life. Right now my life is being pregnant. I'm sleeping a lot, eating a lot, and nesting a lot. I figure I am going to share with one that is still reading. Never fear, there will still be plenty of craftiness discussed, but from now on it's going to be intertwined with stories about my life and experiences. Hope you don't mind.
So...to get us started, I'm going to use one of those pregnancy survey questionnaires I see on other soon to be mommy blogs. It should get everyone up to speed on my progress :)
- How Far Along: 27 weeks tomorrow!! (although at every ultrasound I've had they say that the baby is measuring a week smaller than what I think. I think she's just small. I'm only 5'2" anyways!)
- Total Weight Gain: 18 pounds since the last time I stepped on the scale...which was Monday I think. I actually resisted when I was at the gym yesterday!
- Maternity Clothes: pants yes...always. I love the full panel ones. Man those are comfy. Shirts...mostly larger non maternity ones. Though, my mom has been buying me some maternity ones because she insists that her Irish baby will not be squished.
- Stretch Marks? maybe a fresh one or two on my right hip...but so far so good.
- Sleep? I was never really a great sleeper...and not much has changed. I've been sleeping in spurts. I'll sleep a little on the couch, then in bed, then on the couch...etc. Lots of waking up to pee.
- Movement? Tons. I feel most of it on the inside, but hubs hasn't felt much really. My placenta is anterior and is padding a lot of the kicks, except for those on my bladder..... of course.
- Food Cravings? Fruit, Avocado, Soup and milkshakes. Bizarre Right?
- Gender? Girl!! Olivia Barbara :)
- Labor Signs? None thank god....I'm not ready yet.
- Wedding Rings on or off? On. I never take my wedding rings off actually. But I wear a diamond ring on my right hand that my Nanny gave me as my "something old" for the wedding. I take this off every day before I shower, and sometimes it's kinda tricky. I always get it back on though.
- What I miss? Wine, that second (and third) coffee of the day, and Running. I really miss running.
- Milestone? I start my Third Trimester tomorrow. I can't believe it. It seems like it was yesterday that I was obsessing over whether or not I was really pregnant or just hysterically pregnant...lol