Today, I finished my second dollhouse and Dorchester Designs very first item sold. I didn't think I would be able to finish it today, since we had training for Guinness. Turns out, I had forgotten that we had to go to the seven o'clock class this week instead of the eight. We were home by eight thirty, which these days is pretty early.
This dollhouse is for a little girl named Isabelle. I'm really proud of the way it turned out. I spent a lot of time figuring out the seam allowances and measurements for each and every section of the design this time. I think it paid off, cause everything lined up basically perfectly. Actually, I'm really proud of the pictures this time too. I used Guin's crate and covered it with a fitted sheet. He was pissed I was moving his house, and the sheet was horribly wrinkly, but other than that everything worked out great. After a few minutes playing around in Picnik those wrinkles on the sheet were gone, and Guin got over it.
Time for the pictures!!
On the left hand side of the house you can see a little blue tag. That's my Dorchester Design tag. I bought some fabric markers this weekend and finally made some tags. I loved the idea of the embroidered tags, but they were taking a long time. Here's a closeup of the tag:
My favorite part of the house this time is the handles. I decided to make the handles instead of using ribbon. I folded over some purple fabric, sewed it together and put an embroidery stitch in red as decoration. I think they came out so cute, and much more than I had expected.